A Newborn Doesn't Fit Their Infant Seat

Information about Toddler Car Seats Topic: A Newborn Doesn't Fit Their Infant Seat You can search Toddler Car Seats news, tips and review products especially for A Newborn Doesn't Fit Their Infant Seat provided On category FAQ Tips only for review and evaluation. If you like this Baby Car Seats Products, buy the original at your nearest Baby Car Seats Centre.
Let's get the topic for A Newborn Doesn't Fit Their Infant Seat Below :

Bookmark and Share
Besides the obvious answer of "get a seat that fits". I think I know the answer but I want to make sure. Can you put rolled up receiving blankets under them to prop them up? (I'm thinking no.) I see a lot of new squishy babies with the harness way over their shoulders.

I have a SR32 as part of a travel system that I bought when my son was about 3 months old. I know it's not going to fit the next babe I have. Looking back at old pictures, he didn't fit his first bucket seat either. The straps were at his ears.

What do you guys tell parents when you see this?

A rolled washcloth behind the crotch strap helps keep the newborns from sliding down. That will probably help. The higher weight snugrides (like yours) have decently low slots and fit better than the 22lb snugrides.

As long as the straps are tight enough, I wouldn't worry too much. The rolled blanket at the crotch strap is important, though, if it is needed to keep them from slumping down and potentially ending up with a bad airway position.

Yep. Preventing slumping often makes them fit.

If it doesn't fit even after you fix the slumping problem (which is common with the Graco seats, as well as the Peg Peregos and a few other brands), you have to either acquire a seat that does, or make the parental tough choice to use it anyway against manufacturer's instructions.

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment